The Charlotte Hornets will most likely not be very good for the 2019-2020 season. The current win total for the team at Vegas is 23.5 according to some odds makers. However, we all knew this going into the season. We’ve had months to prepare for a potentially disastrous season.
The bright side to knowing ahead of time that we will be bad is that it opens up opportunities for us to be fun in the process. We have zero expectations, which means that we can have all the fun in the world because no one is going to care about us this season where all the attention will be on the new-look NBA.
All of this is to say that the Queen’s Guard is going to be your home for fun Charlotte Hornets this season starting with the introduction to Hornets Drinking “BINGO!” (21 and over, please drink responsibly). The “BINGO!” boards will consist of negative tendencies of the Hornets’ roster, poking fun at the play-by-play crew (who we all love), and some situational circumstances.
The rules are simple. Before every game we will tweet out who would like a “BINGO!” board for the game to participate. We will tweet one out to you. If an event happens during the game that is on your board, cross it off, and take a drink. If you get “BINGO!” You finish your drink (vertical, horizontal, diagonal). We will tweet out game updates. Be sure to follow us @TheQGB on Twitter, even though I’m sure you already are.
The point of this game is to provide us more entertainment value for what is anticipated to be a long season for Hornets fans. It’s more like a game that you play with your family when you playfully roast each other (until someone inevitably takes offense to something). We love the Hornets for the disaster they are. We want to see them successful just like you, but we’re still going to get these jokes off because comedy is a coping mechanism.
The current list of “BINGO!” spaces:
- Eric Collins says anything outlandish
- Malik Monk turnover
- Miles Bridges lost on defense
- Weak finish/lack thereof by Willy Hernangomez or Bismack Biyombo
- Willy Hernangomez traffic cone defense
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist air ball
- Ill-advised Terry Rozier heat check
- Cody Zeller injury
- Bad Martin twin defense (two drinks for one)
- Any Kemba Walker mention/reference (excluding Celtics games)
- Dwayne Bacon bites on a fake
- Hornets blow 10+ point lead
- Random player goes off against Hornets
- Hornets lose by 3 or less
- Send PJ Washington to Greensboro
- Nic Batum turnover
- Marvin Williams misses *wide* open three
- Any of our bigs air ball a three
- Steph Curry mention/reference
- MJ mad or upset on bench
- Less than 20 points in a quarter
- Martin twin turnover (two for one)
- Terry Rozier misses roll man in a PnR
- Batum finishes in single digits in 25+ minutes
- Devonte Graham hard-brick three (long rebound)
- Malik Monk “WTF was that?!” shot
- Borrego preaches defense then team gives up scoring run
- Reference of how much we are paying MKG/Marvin/Biz/Batum
- Miles Bridges offensive foul
- Martin twins backstory reference (Grew up in NC, NCSt, Nev-Reno)
- Any vet plays more than 32 minutes
- “Kobe!” Kobi Simmons reference